Apply here: It's easy to apply to join the Association, and you don't even have to be a Haberfield resident!
Fill in this form and send it to PO Box 121 Haberfield NSW, 2045, OR bring it to one our meetings which occur on the third Monday of every month at Haberfield Centre in the (upstairs) Graham Yarroll Room at 7.30 pm.
Benefits of Membership.
The Association (HabAs) promotes the suburb and advocates for its conservation and development sensitive to its heritage.
All Haberfield residents are beneficiaries of its voluntary work. Joining the Association and becoming active on its committee has many benefits. Among these:
- Getting to know other residents who value the heritage and general amenity of the suburb through a range of social activities.
- Becoming involved as a volunteer in HabAs events and activities including the Garden Competition, heritage walks, Yasmar Garden maintenance, applying for government grants, displays and exhibitions.
- Being informed on how to maintain and enhance the character of your property consistent with heritage requirements adding to its value.
- Building your understanding of Inner West Council processes and priorities.
- Receiving updates on current issues through the regular monthly e-newsletter.
- Getting involved with advocacy and lobbying on planning and development issues affecting Haberfield.
- Securing support for and advice on Development Applications (DA’s) and other issues affecting your property or your local amenity.
- Joining the Association’s campaigns or submissions on major issues affecting the suburb, for example, lobbying for its State Heritage listing, tree planting, park maintenance, road closures, zoning, Council rates, signage in the suburb, location of electric vehicle charging stations, waste recycling, DA compliance and so on.
The Association can only offer very limited information or advice to non-members, so please join up for a modest membership fee if you want information or advice on your house - or the house you are considering buying.
Email email@example.com with any membership enquiries.